TOWN OF MERRIMAC SPRING CLEANUP
Town of Merrimac Residents Only
Saturday, May 20th, 2023
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
At the Merrimac Town Hall, Corner of Hwy 113 and Halweg Road
*** NO DUMPING PRIOR TO SATURDAY****
- Metal – microwaves, water heaters, water softeners, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers, freezers, refrigerators, air conditioners, steel barrels fencing & other metal objects.
- Old Cars, Trucks & Farm Machinery may possibly be picked up at your residence if you inquire to Steve Peetz (608-225-3110)**
FEES (please bring correct cash):
$2.00: car and truck tires (must be off the rims)
$6.00: large furniture, bed springs, mattresses, carpets, rugs, televisions, radios, computers, toilets, sinks, easy chairs
$10.00: large tractor tires (must be off the rims)
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED:
- YARD WASTE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THIS SITE. The town will collect yard waste behind the Merrimac Conservation Club off of Highway 78.
- Paint, chemicals, solvents, antifreeze, insecticides or pesticides, motor oil, or batteries.
- Waste generated by contractors, house demolition or remodeling waste, stone or rubble will not be collected.
- Motorized vehicles of any kind.
**CONSTRUCTION MATERIALS WILL BE REFUSED**
ITEMS NOT LISTED WILL BE TAKEN AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ATTENDANTS. THEIR DECISIONS ARE FINAL.
**** Two or members of the Town Board may be present during this time period, which would constitute a quorum of the town board. The Town Board is not meeting on this date and is only there for the purpose of conducting the business noted above. ***